It’s Time For A Change… Your Future Evolves Here
Patientory is creating a cutting edge healthcare technology company to enable specific cybersecurity digital blockchain distributed technology software services for availability across healthcare stakeholders.
What You’ll Be Doing:
Welcome to one of the toughest and most fulfilling ways to help people, including yourself. Join us and start doing your life’s best work.
Tough challenges? We know a thing or two about those. When you’re on a mission to help people live healthier lives, the stakes couldn’t be higher. As a Customer Success and Implementation Manager, you will help rewrite the future of the health care system impacting the lives of millions. You’ll support the opportunity pipeline of a fast moving business development team.
PURPOSE OF JOB:
We Are Hiring a Customer Success and Implementation Manager who will leverage technology to create collaborative solutions that improve everyday health decisions. The technology enables seamless access to data across all applications transforming the customer experience when interacting with technology and enhancing our ability across the Patientory ecosystem to better serve communities with greater agility and responsiveness.
The technology is used to provide insightful use of automation and data drive improvements to enhance the provider, patient and consumer experience as well as keeping cybersecurity with a strong posture to protect data and other valuable assets. Patientory is dedicated to transformation through innovation across the continuum of care.
- Planning, coordination, and management of Population Health capabilities with Patientory’s strategic direction and increasing velocity of IT based requirements.
- Manage the continued development and implementation of new products that support the organizational long range plans and objectives like the Quadruple Aim.
- Support policies, procedures and standards for integration, maintenance, governance and dissemination as well as enforcement of security and privacy requirements.
- Align IT technology and development initiatives that support strategic development initiatives and organizational objectives through enhanced relationships with Operational and Patientory Leadership and selected vendors.
- Analyze the market to identify trends and develop insights related to opportunities for Patientory data management and technology integration and development. In a highly engaged and active approach, guide projects that include analysis and recommendations related to emerging IT industry and development trends, internal operational performance, and business process improvement.
- Participates in product designs, contributing technical insights and formulation of scope and requirements.
- Communicates to engineering and operations teams when defining and prioritizing features, enhancements, platform improvements, and customer requests.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the organizations mission and Strategy as it relates to the competitive landscape.
- Solid relationships with Healthcare personnel and key influencers.
- A strategic thinker, problem solver and expert negotiator on behalf of Patientory.
- Possess an entrepreneurial spirit and thrive in dynamic, competitive environments.
- Support the enterprise data governance practices in coordination with Enterprise operational and clinical committees.
- Adheres to policies and procedures as related to all aspects of IT contracting and legal processes as well as all financial management aspects to include compliance, capital management, operating budget management and security and controls.
- Stays informed on current and near term technology advancements, changes, solutions and strategies.
- Builds a working knowledge of how these technologies could enhance and sustain Patientory’s Strategic Direction.
- Conduct research for special projects and initiatives at the request of Business Development team to support opportunity pursuits
WHAT DO YOU NEED TO BE SUCCESSFUL IN THIS ROLE:
- Preferred Certifications, Registration or Licensure:* PMP CertifiedPreferred Professional Experiences* Have experience in population health
- Have experience with claims and payer data.* Proficient in agile development processes.
- Management experience in hospital or healthcare systems desired.
- Proficiency in implementing and supporting major application packages in and outside of the healthcare industry with a proven track record of successful clinical and business implementations.
- Possess demonstrable skill leveraging efforts within a matrix management organization.*
- Experience with leading edge practices, tools, and technology as well as working in a regulated environment to include HIPAA and ITGC.Preferred Knowledge and
- Skilled in successful and timely execution of deliverables, developing action plans to accomplish goals and providing ongoing updates on progress
- Self-starter with the ability to work in a highly matrixed and ambiguous environment
- Exceptional listening, verbal and written communication skills especially PowerPoint presentation development
- Resilient sense of urgency and drive for results
- Strong analytical, problem solving, and critical thinking skills
- Ability to research and synthesize information from multiple sources
- Bachelor’s Degree (or higher) in Business, Finance, Health Administration, Health Information Management or related field
- 0-3+ years of business experience which may include but are not limited to areas such as account management, business operations, proposal unit
- 0-3+ years’ experience project management, able to manage multiple projects, with an emphasis on: prioritization, strong attention to detail, information and material organization, follow-through and problem-solving skills
- Previous health care industry experience particularly Medicaid and/or managed care environment
- Basic experience with care and disease management, behavioral, physical health, complex medical, specifically in Medicaid and dual-eligible populations
Salary: Full Time
Patientory is an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants equally without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.